Sunday, February 12, 2012

Huge Step Taken

Well I have taken a huge step.  I purchased "How to Hit the Road 2012" and I read over Fulltime Living RV Income Strategies and I can excitedly say that we are well on our way to living our dream.

 "How to Hit the Road 2012" was so informative and really put my mind at ease.  I will recommend this to anyone considering this lifestyle.  The tips on what we have to do from writing in our notebooks, to having a garage sale, to even the finders fee for selling our house are all strategies I will be using. 

Next week we will be attending the Maryland RV show and getting a better idea on the type of RV we will get, used of course.  I will be lurking on the forums about rv's to get a feel for what people like and dislike so I know what to look for at the show.

I still have many questions that I hope folks out there will help me out with.  I know there will be surprises and setbacks along the way but I would like to hear from anyone who has tips, hints and strategies to ease my stress.

My husbands biggest worry is making money on the road.  I am curious to know from those who make money on the road, do you save any of it?  We will be selling our house, but don't expect much of a profit.  At present we own a deli in Washington, DC.  We plan on selling and since we own it outright and owe no one money that will be our nest egg.  The sale of  the house I hope buys us the RV and a tow vehicle.  Reading Fulltime Living RV Income Strategies really inspired me.  I plan on doing this immediately so that when we hit the road money is coming in.  We will definitely do some workamping.  Blogging of course but I don't expect much from that.  I am creating a website that will cater to family travel on a budget but again don't expect much from that.  Any thoughts on what else we can do to make some money? 

I can't wait until all the pieces fall in place.  We look at pictures of where we want to go and read blogs about where families on the road have gone.  We hope to meet you all one day on the road but until then, safe travels to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment